Monday, April 14, 2008

STOP! I'm trying to talk to God!

Here is a little story from my day:

So today I was sitting at the lunch table with my kids eating my lunch. Normally during lunch I tell the kids that Mrs. Lawrence is not talking (because at the beginning of the year all the kids would sit there and talk to me and I would run out of time to eat my lunch, and I love to listen to the kids conversations with each other). So I was sitting there watching the kids (trying to keep them from playing with their food or bothering their neighbor) and I saw one of my girls nudge a boy next to her. This boy was sitting with his elbows up on the table and his face in his hands so I was assuming that this sweet girl wanted to see if something was wrong with him. Then all the sudden he looks up at her and yells, "STOP! I'm trying to talk to God!" and the little girl replies, "Don't you mean Jesus?"

Pointless story, I know. I just didn't want to forget it!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh I love that story! How cute!!