Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Rushing...

Since the very day that Alec accepted his job at KPMG in Tulsa I have been rushing everything in my life! We've already packed up a big chunk of our house and I've already started on my classroom. Well, today I have decided that is the last thing I need to be doing! I am where I am right now because God has a plan to use me here (even though we will be leaving)!  I really spend so much of my life thinking I can't wait until friday, I can't wait until Spring break, I can't wait until summer, etc. How can I let Christ use me in my daily life if I am so busy rushing through my days. So today I've decided to stop the weekly countdown until school is over and we move. I am truly going to enjoy my last little bit of time here in Abilene, at my school, and in my precious alley house and see how I can be used!

Abilene has been my home these past 5 years and a great home it has been! I sit here thinking that when I first came to Abilene I was skeptical of what life here would bring and it has far surpassed my expectations! Now looking back on all the wonderful memories here, the great people I have met, and the strangely unique place this is I will miss it greatly! As my time comes closer to leaving I'm sure I will make a list of all the things that I have loved about living in this West Texas town!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I really like this perspective. Never thought about things that way. I needed to hear this. Thanks!

McKenzie said...

everything you wrote about is so true. Clete and i were so ready to leave, we barely realized how many great friends we would be leaving. Don't get me wrong, we love being home, but we miss our Abilene days with all of you guys! don't take these last few days for granted. We go back to Abilene and miss being there with everyone... :)